Friday, February 12, 2010

Songs whose Jamaican Versions I like Better than the Others.

In No Particular Order:

  1. Barrington Levy overthrows Olivia Newton John with 'Don't Throw it All Away.'
  2. Maxi Priest's 'Wild World' tames Cat Stevens.
  3. Ken Boothe's 'Anything I own' certainly owns David Gates' version
  4. Jimmy Cliffe blinds Johnny Nash in 'I Can See Clearly Now.'
  5. Freddie McGregor's 'Just Don't Wanna Be Lonely' gives Main Ingredient some alone time.
  6. John Holt's 'If I were a Carpenter' planks Bobby Darin's version.
  7. Third World's 'Magnet and Steel' was built tougher than Walter Egan's.
  8. Foxy Brown sings 'Sorry' to Tracy Chapman
  9. Dennis Brown casts a shadow over the Rays with 'Silhouettes.'
  10. Yellow Man's 'I'm Getting Married in the Morning' leaves Alfred P. Doolittle hanging at the altar.

No comments:

Post a Comment